Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Addicted to blogging.

This is what I look like when I'm out trying to buy records. More particularly when I'm actually finding records that I'm looking for. Notice the playful craziness? Yeah. When I was looking for Apollonia's "Sex Shooter" maxi-12" I wasn't really in the best of moods. This is more the "I just found Smokey Robinson & The Miracles' 'A Legend In It's Own Time' for dirt cheap" look.



And This is the "Dom just ran out of gas at the top of one of the tallest hills in San Francisco so now we have to walk everywhere to kill time while we get a gas can. My god he's a fucking idiot." face, brought to you by none other than 2/3 of Tanya Morgan, Von Pea (L) and Donwill (R). They chose to wear matching sweatshirts so they'd be easily identifiable if the group split up. Cute!



The Roots' "Can't Stop This" and J Dilla's "Time (The Heart Of The Donut": Jackson 5 - "All I Do Is Think Of You", MOVING VIOLATION. Mowtown. As listed in the liner notes of The Roots' 2006 Def Jam release, GAME THEORY (no snitch-o, Bill), J Dilla (RIP) used this melodic cut for what has been touted by many as the best of all the donuts. I'm a fan too. This record doesn't boast any of the bonafide Jackson 5 hits that you'd find on their earlier records but its a keeper nonetheless. One of their better late releases, save for VICTORY.

J Dilla - "One Eleven": Smokey Robinson And The Miracles - "A Legend In It's Own Time", FOUR IN BLUE. Mowtown. My favorite Donut. Can't really say that Dilla did too much with it, but again, just goes to show you the worth of the man's ear. There's another cut on this record that I imagine The Beatmaker will be turning into one of your favorite beats of 2007 very shortly.



Mos Def - "Brown Sugar": Norman Connors - "Invitation", INVITATION. Okay, so the remix beat was whatever. The original beat for this soundtrack title track standout was pretty dope if you ask me. And the original from which Kanye lifted the sample is clean as all hell. I'd been looking for this for, oh, EVER. and I just came across it while SQUEEEZING in some digging time with Von and Don on Sunday night. We bumped into Jake One as well at the store. That was super cool. Anyway, Mariam loves this cut as well. I have to give the rest of the album a solid listen. See what else is on there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home