Sunday, October 22, 2006

Amoeba Hollywood Needs to Step Up Their Bars

So I'm in Los Angeles right now post-BRIDGES which is a bi-weekly hip hop event thrown by our dear friend Trek Life. This week's show featured Pacific Division (who killed it), Pusher Price (who I wasn't really paying much attention to because I was selling merch), and Oddissee (who killed it). Oh, and Tanya Morgan who, well... killed it. A few things about this show:


1. It was packed. Like PAAAAACKED. The venue has 3 rooms, two downstairs and one upstairs that we were in. All three were packed. All night.

2. Oddissee is just about the coolest dude in the world. Thanks for the love, man. See you at Scribblejam when we gang up on the freestyle battle and share our "rhymesayers" tent.

3. Trek Life is definately tied with Oddissee right now. I've officially thrown 2 shows now. Nothing fancy. And I've been a part of countless shows. Never have I seen anybody throw as dope a show without ANYthing going wrong. If anything DID go wrong, he kept his composure like a motherflipper. And bought us drinks. And snuck us on the bill. I don't know. Trek Life for president man. AND he killed the instore. Shiiiiiiiiiit.

I must send love to the following people: Ralph and DT, Kat and Julius, Trek Life, Mariam for hopping on AIM so I could e-holler, Mario from The Basement in Sherman Oaks, Triune, Dvooa, Natalie from the WE BE shoot and her dog and her friend, Eric for holding us down in the bay right now since i'm useless while driving around, Harmonia and Alfie for the floor and the good times, Natural Mystic, Ladyboss 07, and all the okayplayers who came out, dude who wanted to buy Sunset EP. I forget his name but his myspace is www.myspace.com/willrapforfood. How dope is that?

I tried digging for 15 minutes at Amoeba Hollywood and came up super dry. And yes, I expected to find something worthwhile in 15 minutes. I was moving so damned fast. Soul? Nothing. Rock? Nothing. DVD? Nothing. Laserdisc? Nothing. I'm looking for Menace 2 Society on Laserdisc for iD. Just putting it out there. If you find it, cop it and send it. Thanks.

And now I leave you with this:

This picture is posted for 2 reasons. The first being that I haven't uploaded an image of myself in this room yet. The second being that even though I don't have a photo of ME in this room, I had to post one just out of spite towards my good friend BILL who refuses to visit the bay. Bill, you should ask what was found in this room. Oh my god. Each of those boxes is about 3 feet deep, perfectly organized and alphabetized. Like this is the coolest 12 cubic feet in North America. Neener neener neener.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home